Pages

Friday, July 9, 2010

LaRae's Biopies are in


LaRae’s test results are in. Dr. Ramirez called today to tell us the results of the biopsies. She had good news and had some bad news I guess you could say. The small bowl had no inflammation so no food allergies were present. That was great news. We did not have such good luck with the large bowl. There is inflammation and small ulcerations maybe or bubbles in the larger bowl and rectum. It is hard to explain what you see on the pictures. The biopsies showed that she has inflammation and an infection. She has colitis and it could be ulcerative colitis their not sure at this time. They have to send a stool sample out to see what kind of infection she has after they collect the sample we will start her on flagyl a very strong antibiotic. They might have to change the antibiotic depending on what the test results are. She has to go for a swallow study now too.

Dr. Ramierz will not clear her for her elbow surgery in October at Shriner’s until all these test are completed. I really hope this does not interfere with LaRae being able to have her surgeries. I keep thinking, not another set back it seems like that is all that ever happens just one after another. I still have not had time to reschedule her MRI yet. I keep wondering when it will ever end. I am trying to staying positive. I keep telling myself that there is a light at the end of the tunnel and I will get there someday. Just that today is not that day yet; however, everyday I am a little closer.


No comments:

Post a Comment