Pages

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Adrian met his dad's family the Allen's for the first time in 11 years.

Adrian reconnected with his biological dad’s side of the family the Allen. He hasn’t seen them since he was 3 years-old. His father has past away since then. Adrian was excited to meet them and scared all at the same time. What Adrian didn’t realize is that the Allen clan is big. He met maybe half and I’m not sure if that’s even right. Adrian and I went to Philly for his Aunt Surprise 50th birthday party on July 11. Adrian met his dad’s sister Bev, her husband, his dad’s brother Brian, Cousin Reggie, his two kids, and his sister Alex. In addition, a whole lot of Aunts, Uncles and cousins that I can’t even remember who they all where in this tiny house and yard. I didn’t know you could fit some many people in such a small yard but they did have lots of fun.

I wasn’t sure at first how this was going to affected him when they first found us on face book. We talk about this as a family and Adrian said he want to know them and wanted them to be apart of his life now. We felt that he was old enough to be able to handle it. We are trying to take it slow; however, Adrian doesn’t take anything slow he does everything a mile a minute. He wants to do all kinds of things with them. I have to slow him down all the time. I would love to have half his energy. I did take some great picture at the party. My baby is growing up. We had a great time at the party. Adrian was very happy to meet everyone.




No comments:

Post a Comment