Pages

Thursday, December 30, 2010

Pre-Admission Testing

After 5 hours at DuPont hospital we finally were able to go home. LaRae's first doctors appt. Was with GI, however, her GI doctor was home sick so we saw someone else that didn't have time to review the cart and it really was a waste of time. I have no answer to any of my questions.


Then we went to pre-admissions testing and of course there was a really sick kid that didn't have a mask on. I tried to get LaRae to wear one that wasn't happening, so I ask for LaRae to be moved into a room away from them. I think we are safe so far.

They went over everything. I did find out it looks like they might be removing a disc in her back also. If I understand correctly they have to remove the disc to get to the spinal cord. The are calling it an exploratory surgery with possible disc removal and tethered cord release. She will be in the PCAU for several hours. Then moved to the PICU for at least 24 hours under heavy sedation good chance she will be on a ventilator the whole time. She has to remain still for 24 hours. She will not wake up after surgery until the next morning. Both Quintin and I will be with her most of the time. I will stay with her overnight. He will stay at the Ronald McDonald House or with friends from Church parents house.

They did have to do blood work. They crossed and typed her blood to make sure they have blood on hand if they did it. She wasn't happy about that.

They did call us with a surgery time she needs to be at the hospital at 9:45 am Monday morning.

Please Keep LaRae in your prayers. We sure need them.

No comments:

Post a Comment