Pages

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Our First Trip to Shriner's Hospital for Children's (Arthrogryposis)

I took LaRae to Shriner’s Hospital on Wed. 2/11/09. It was an exciting trip down. When I hit North Philly, the car picked the most inopportune time to over heat. I kept saying prayers that we would at least make it the Hospital before it over heated to the point I would be left stranded on Broad Street. I was just a little bit stressed at that point. But, we made made it and with some time to spare. We saw a wonderful group of doctors. Dr. Kozin would be LaRae's main doctor. They were very vague on what they were really going to do at this point in time. Surgeries are an option for both the wrists and elbows. We are unsure of the details of the surgeries. We have to return in 6 months. At that time we will reevaluated her progress and then figure out where to go from there. So for right now I do physical therapy with LaRae 3 times a day and her splints come off and on throughout the day. We go to CHOP 2/20/09 for an ultra sound on the muscle in her arms and shoulders. We still have to go to duPont in Delaware for P/T and for her splints on 3/6/09.















Tracey, Cheryl, and LaRae at Shriner's Hospital for Children.
While we were at Shriner's, LaRae and I had the privilege of meeting a wonderful girl named Tracey, and her mother, Cheryl. Tracey found LaRae through our blog. We have been Emailing back and forth. She's an inpatient at Shriner's right now. We were lucky to be able to meet her! It really help talking to her. She's 21. She has been through a lot and she still has the brightest smile I think I have ever seen. She gives me such great hope for LaRae. I truly believe my little girl found another big sister. I don't think you can ever have too many people that truly love you. Tracey has warmed our hearts. She feels like one of the family. LaRae and I had a wonderful day at Shriner’s in spite of my car. We did make home safely!


Tiny Fingers


Tiny Toes

Tiny Nose







No comments:

Post a Comment