Pages

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Finally we saw Dr. Kozin at Shriner's




It's August 12, 2009 we are heading to Shriner's to see Dr. Kozin. We saw him at the AMC convention. I really think we will get a surgery date for LaRae's elbows releases. It probably will not be for another 6 months. However, that’s fine with me. I really hate this drive. So we saw Dr. Kozin it was not what I expected. I was disappointed he would not schedule the surgery. He wants her walking first. I did not understand his decision first and disappointed at it. He wants to see her back in four months and hopefully she will be walking by then and then we can discuss surgery options.

While I was in the appt my phone rang. For some reason I forgot to turn off the ringer. It was at that time he was telling me he was not going to schedule her surgery. I was so frustrated with that decision. I thought finally we will get the date and LaRae will finally be able to bend her elbows. Then my phone rang. We finished up the appt and I called the person back. I’m not going to go in to details about the phone call. However, it was devastating news for a family we know and love. It was then it hit me LaRae does not even care if her elbows bend she does not even know that they should. It’s I rushing the surgery because I think she has to have elbows that bend but does she really need them to bend right now can’t it wait until she is older? Dr Kozin comment about LaRae was I could leave her with him and pick her up in 4 months at her next appt. I keep her on a short lease when they start walking around with her and showing her off. We decline his offer.

So for now we have known idea when LaRae will have any surgeries. She is starting serial casting on October 5, 2009. In December we see Dr. Kozin again. She is not even close to walking at this time. She just started to sit up unsupported. So we have a long way to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment